The Wild West
JLF Western N.C. Blog
November 24 is Small Business Saturday. Citizens are urged to celebrate with appropriate activities. Suggestions include:
- supporting efforts to repeal Obamacare.
- shopping in Wyoming, South Dakota, Nevada, Alaska, or Florida. These states scored the best in the Tax Foundation’s State Business Tax Climate Index.
- shopping in Ireland, where the corporate tax rate is supposedly best. In fact, one need only shop anywhere outside the US to support lower corporate tax structures.
- encouraging local businesses to keep their money in Swiss bank accounts, and lobbying for legislation to protect the same from US regulation.
- not buying junk for the sake of buying junk. Sympathetic patronization could distort markets, causing businesses to misjudge demand.
- signing a petition to secede from a country where leadership believes profitability is evil.
Leave a Reply
........As you post your comment, please conform to The Wild West's
simple comment policy: we welcome all perspectives, but require that
comments be both civil and respectful. If you wouldn't say it to a
co-worker in front of your boss, it probably is not civil and
respectful. We will delete any comment that fails this test and issue a
warning to the poster. A second offense will result in a ban on
commenting on this site. In sum, disagreements, arguments even, are
welcome; abusive behavior is not. Thanks.
You must be logged in to post a comment.